Today I got notified about some Intelinet Smart Security software (intelinet-global.com). A friend of mine could not decide if its rogue or not at first. Well, some diging around and we found who owns it, and it was not even hard : they used netcom3.com domain email while registering the new one. Remember Netcom3 guys ? The “Software leaders” with fake antispyware and antivirus comparison pages? I would doubt the company has 150 employees they claim on the webpage, as the domains itself are only 4 and 2.5 months old.
Ok, what did they wrong at presenting and distributing product?
1) The name of the product is kinda stolen, or, more exactly, combined from Symantecs Smart security and Inteli scan term, used in spyware removers. The terms used are stolen from other removers. Not sure if they are covered by copyright law. There are companies called Intelinet in US, that are not related to these Netcom3 software makers.
2) You dont start distributing software from version 3. You start at version one. Except if you wanna show that you are longer in market than in reality.
3) You do not claim being best and winning awards which you havent won. Thats a scam and a sign of being a rogue.
4) You do not make new removers under different company names if your product is legitimate. Except if you want to hide fact that your software is a piece of crap. You stick with your company name if everything is ok.
5) Your previous security suite was crap anyways. You should go to other business.
Domains related : intelinet-secure.com, intelinet-global.com
We recommend NOT using this software.