Hootsuite (Hootsuite.com) is a very good web-based twitter account manager. It is very feature rich:
- Multi-user multi-account management. Very useful for corporate twitter accounts.
- Multiple columns, tabs for columns, custom groups of users. This is quite important for bigger accounts. In fact its interface is quite similar to tweetdecks or Seesmics, thus I got used to it quite fast.
- Tweet scheduling functionality, which might be important for some
- Feed integration (similar to twitterfeed)
- Ping.fm integration for upgrading fb and other accounts.
- Own url shortening service which is quite reliable and provides statistics. Also adsense integration in it.
However, there are some issues in Hootsuite that I would like to be changed or fixed:
- Separation of groups from tabs/columns. I might want to put same group of people in multiple tabs (as I need to see them more often).
- Better FB integration. I use Seesmic for reading FB as well as I don’t have time to check website often. Full integration with stream API would be very very nice.
- Some things bug in groups. For example, tweets of some people are excluded when I add them to groups even if they are in main view. This is because some users do not appear in twitter search. However, this information would be easily recoverable from home stream. Or I do not get a reason for separating groups from keyword search.
- Custom color schemes. Yeah, I am picky.
- Ability to clean up column once it is read, or a way to distinguish between tweets that are unread.
Will I use it? Yes, definitely. Hootsuite is a very nice software and I see lots of potential in it. However, I cannot abandon desktop client in hootsuites favor yet.